Smart Home Tech That Will Revolutionize Your Life
Reasons to Get Excited
Three Great Reasons to Get Involved with Novus
Smart Tech Deals
DISCOVER HOME TECH WITH US
7 Years of Home Tech Installations
ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR ASSISTANCE
All Budgets Considered
CUSTOMERS ARE THE CORE OF OUR MISSION
MEET OUR HOME TECH EXPERTS
They are the people working to provide you the best experiences.
If a City Break is a flight + accommodation, why would you need an agency? Because we offer you accommodation at a discounted price.
Home Installation Expert
Reconnect with nature, feel its freedom and enjoy the peace and quiet. See places untouched by the human hand and reflect on nature’s beauty.
Home Installation Expert
You’ll certainly remember the traditional villages, incredibly beautiful landscapes with white mountains and huge ski areas.
HAPPY MEMORIES FROM OUR MEMBERS
We have helped to transform the lives of homeowners across America and Canada
We can’t say how much home technology has changed our life. From our home shopping being ordered on autopilot to the house completely regulating its heating and lighting, we have seriously reduced our day-to-day admin and it It’s pretty cool to show people as well!
I have a disability, so having my home integrated was a massive help. I no longer have to worry about reaching for light switches, I can talk to my environment and it reacts accordingly. It has definitely been a life changing experience and I would never go back.
I didn’t think smartphone tech would be suitable for our house, because it Is a few years old now. I was genuinely surprised at how many gadgets could be retrofitted. I’ll be honest it’s not my sort of thing normally, but my husband enjoyed it and it seems to keep him busy for hours!
Home Energy Tech Tips
Be inspired by our blog
GET IN TOUCH
We are here for you, 24/7, to help you and reply within the hour.
1. Understanding Smart Home Tech
Smart home technology refers to a network of devices and systems that can be controlled and monitored remotely to enhance various aspects of home living. From lighting and security to entertainment and energy management, smart home tech offers a seamless integration of automation and connectivity. By connecting these devices to a central hub or using voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, you can control your home’s functions with ease.
2. What Should Be Installed First?
When starting your smart home journey, it’s essential to prioritize the installation of certain devices that provide immediate benefits. Here are a few recommendations:
A smart thermostat allows you to regulate your home’s temperature remotely and create customized schedules. It optimizes energy usage and can lead to significant cost savings on your utility bills.
Upgrade your traditional bulbs to smart LED lights that can be controlled using your smartphone. Enjoy the convenience of adjusting brightness, colors, and creating automated lighting scenes.
Smart Security System
Enhance your home security with smart devices such as smart locks, doorbell cameras, and motion sensors. Monitor and control your home’s security from anywhere, receiving real-time alerts and deterring potential intruders.
3. The Expected Costs of Smart Home Tech
The costs of smart home tech can vary depending on the complexity of your setup and the specific devices you choose. While it’s possible to start small with a limited budget, it’s important to consider the long-term benefits and potential savings. Here’s a breakdown of the expected costs:
- Entry-level smart devices: $100-$300 per device (e.g., smart speakers, smart plugs)
- Intermediate devices: $200-$500 per device (e.g., smart thermostats, smart security systems)
- Advanced devices: $500-$1,000+ per device (e.g., smart appliances, integrated home control systems)
Remember to factor in installation costs if you require professional assistance. DIY installation is possible for many devices but ensure you follow manufacturer instructions carefully.
4. Conducting a Smart Home Tech Audit
Before diving into purchasing smart home devices, it’s crucial to assess your existing infrastructure and determine compatibility. Here’s how you can conduct a smart home tech audit:
- Identify your goals: Determine what you want to achieve with smart home tech. Is it energy efficiency, security, convenience, or all of the above?
- Assess your Wi-Fi network: Check the coverage and speed of your Wi-Fi network to ensure it can handle multiple connected devices.
- Evaluate device compatibility: Research the compatibility of your existing devices with smart home systems and hubs. Some devices may require additional adapters or bridges.
- Plan your budget: Set a budget for your smart home tech project, considering the number of devices you plan to install and any additional infrastructure requirements.
- Create a timeline: Determine whether you want to implement the entire system at once or gradually add devices over time.
5. Mapping Out Your Needs
To ensure you invest in the right smart home tech, take the time to map out your needs. Consider the following factors:
- Lifestyle: Analyze your daily routine and identify areas where smart home devices can simplify tasks or improve comfort.
- Energy Efficiency: Determine how smart home tech can help reduce energy consumption and lower your environmental footprint.
- Security: Assess your home’s security vulnerabilities and prioritize devices that enhance safety, such as smart locks and security cameras.
- Entertainment: Explore smart home devices that can transform your entertainment experience, from voice-controlled speakers to smart TVs.
6. What’s Not Worth Retrofitting due to Cost
While the possibilities with smart home tech are vast, not all retrofitting projects make financial sense. Here are a few examples where the cost may outweigh the benefits:
- Low-usage areas: It may not be practical to invest in smart devices for areas that are rarely used, such as a guest bedroom.
- Limited functionality: Some devices offer minimal benefits when retrofitted. Consider whether the added convenience justifies the cost.
- Incompatible infrastructure: If your home’s wiring or systems are incompatible with certain smart devices, the retrofitting process can be costly and complicated.
Remember, it’s important to weigh the upfront costs against the potential long-term benefits before deciding to retrofit specific areas or devices in your home.
7. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How secure is smart home technology?
Smart home tech has come a long way in terms of security. Manufacturers employ encryption protocols and regularly release updates to address vulnerabilities. However, it’s crucial to follow security best practices such as using strong passwords and keeping devices up to date.
Q2: Can I install smart home devices myself?
Many smart home devices are designed for easy DIY installation. However, more complex systems may require professional assistance, especially if they involve electrical wiring or integration with existing home infrastructure.
Q3: Will smart home devices work together?
Most smart home devices can be integrated and controlled through a central hub or a smart home ecosystem. However, it’s essential to ensure device compatibility and check for interoperability between different brands and protocols.
Q4: Can I control smart home devices when I’m away from home?
Yes, one of the significant advantages of smart home tech is the ability to control and monitor devices remotely. As long as you have an internet connection, you can access your smart home system from anywhere using dedicated apps or voice assistants.
Q5: What if I change my mind or want to upgrade my smart home tech in the future?
Smart home tech is designed to be flexible and scalable. You can add or remove devices as needed and upgrade your system over time. It’s always a good idea to choose devices that support popular communication protocols to ensure future compatibility.
MON-FRI: 10 – 17
SAT: 10 – 14
GET OUR LATEST OFFERS
© 2023 Neve Agency